Napkins are an easy way to update your table and there are so many ways to fold them beyond a simple rectangle.
Below are three easy options that our team loves to use on our own tablescapes!
- The Quick Tie
- Fold napkin into a rectangle (as you would normally)
- Fold lengthwise again to a thinner rectangle
- Place fork or fork and knife in middle of rectangle and secure with a ribbon
- The Tassel
- Unfold the napkin with the pattern laying face up on the table
- Grab the center of the napkin between your thumb and pointer finger
- Secure tassel shape by sliding a napkin ring down the middle of the napkin or tying with a ribbon
- The Knot
- Make a triangle by folding the napkin in half
- Starting at the wide end, fold the napkin up by 1 inch
- Continue folding the 1 inch section over itself towards the top of the triangle
- Once fully wrapped, bring the two end together and tie napkin into a knot
- Bonus: If the knotted napkin appears to long for your place setting, simply fold the tops of each end inside the roll
We can't wait to see how you style your own tables! Send us your pictures via @the_ec_table.